Friday, April 29, 2011

Morning Message Routines


This is one of the ways we do morning message. The children really like this idea because they get to compete against me. As I am writing I sound out the words and they tell me what to write. Every time they get it right I write the word in their color marker. If I have to write it without them getting it right I get to use my color marker. At the end we count the letters and place the number next to the group name.  At the beginning of the year it is more competitive. They never even realize they are learning to sound out letters and making words.There is a winner.Afterwards we work on recognizing letters, capital letters, sight words and punctuation. This idea came from http://www.mrsnelsonsclass.com/teacherresources/teachingwriting/morningmessage.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment